Contemporary medicine is challenging, exciting and dynamic. Countless new discoveries are making their impact on medical practice. The development of many new therapies and treatments arising from research in electronics, genetics and global health will mean future doctors will practice at the forefront of innovation.
- Complete Year 12（高中或大学）或your undergraduate degree.
- Complete any pre-requisite subjects.Before selecting your subjects for your senior school years, do your research to identify prerequisites and the courses to which they apply. Completing science pre-requisites during high school or your undergraduate degree is important, as it's much harder to complete these pre-requisites after graduation. Remember, choosing high-level mathematics, chemistry, physics, biology and English will stand you in good stead as you study medicine.
- Get involved.在您的学校和社区中扮演领导角色，以证明您可以激励您的同行行动，特别是在福利学校或社区的方式。考虑在医院，免费诊所，医生办公室或医学研究员志愿服务。志愿者工作不是直接与慈善机构或其他社区服务相关的医学关系也有价值。
Medical schools do not judge applications on work experience, but gaining some work experience demonstrates you have considered whether the demands of a caring profession is for you and that you are committed to studying medicine.
- Take theUCAT或者Gamsat..Students interested in studying undergraduate medicine, dentistry and some other clinical science courses at a member university of the University Clinical Aptitude Test (UCAT) Consortium are likely to be required to sit the UCAT as part of their admissions process. Likewise, students wishing to study a postgraduate medicine degree are likely required to sit the Graduate Medical School Admissions Test (GAMSAT). Free guides for both the UCAT and GAMSAT are available. The GAMSAT test is offered twice a year, in March and September.
- Choose a university that fits your needs.为您找到合适的医学院，考虑学术声誉，大小，离家的距离，位置，成本以及他们的医疗计划。适用于最适合您抱负的医学院。
奖学金。There is a range of scholarships available to study medicine at an Australian university. For Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander students, t他AMA土着医学奖学金provides financial assistance for completing a medical degree, or search the Aurora土着奖学金门户网站for further opportunities.
要了解有关为医疗生涯提供准备的更多信息，请访问Study Medicine. This site may assist you to identify and compare Australian university medical degrees - direct entry and degrees leading to undergraduate or postgraduate medicine.
- 有一个平衡的网络。Medical students are famous for becoming very close knit and this is for good reason: as your work and routine become more stressful it is important to be able to talk to people in a similar position. However, it’s equally important to have non-medic friends too. One of the reasons you were accepted into medical school is because of your diverse range of interests and talents.
- 成为一个AMA学生会员.You will find the resources and advice to steer you through your medical career, and to provide assistance personally and collectively. All State AMAs engage with medical students either directly, through the MedSocs or via representative fora established by those organisations. The AMA has a student representative on its Federal Council – the peak policy-making body of the AMA.
- JoinAMSA.澳大利亚医学学生协会(AMSA) is the peak representative body for Australian medical students. AMSA is a vibrant student-run organisation that represents, informs and connects all of Australia’s medical students.
- Join your local Medical Society.澳大利亚的每个医学院都有自己的医学学生社会，深情地称为Medsoc。这些是由组织活动，运动队和夜晚的学生进行的，这是参与和与人们遇到的好方法。他们还提供充足的有用的信息和建议，以便通过医学院和实习应用程序提供。
- Take it seriously.The behaviour and volume of work expected of you will be different from other students. You will need to juggle a lot of different elements simultaneously and this will take a level of maturity and timemanagement.There are many ways to study.Don’t将您的方法与他人进行比较。找出什么工作you.
- There’s more to medicine than reading textbooks.Learn what medicine is all about. Read the latest journal article, case report or reputable medical blog on topics that interest you. It will help bring together all the concepts you are studying and show you how to apply them in real life.
- 保持开放的心态。Throughout medical school you will meet a huge range of people and they can all teach you something. Seeing and doing as much as possible will enrich your time as a medical student. You may have your heart set on a speciality now, but most medical students change their mind as they progress.
- 玩的开心。Studying medicine is rigorous and overwhelming, so make sure you don’t burn out by setting aside time to regularly relax. Taking time to do things you enjoy will help you stay invigorated, enthusiastic and better able to cope with the pressures of medical school.
On completing your medical degree, you receive provisional registration and enter the workforce as an intern or postgraduate year 1 (PGY1) doctor. This part of your training lasts for 12 months and is usually undertaken in a public hospital, although interns will increasingly spend part of their training in general practice, community-based settings and private hospitals. To successfully complete your intern year, you will be required to complete all mandatory core rotations (a medical, surgical & emergency medicine rotation) and normally two non-core rotations. You will also need to pass all your rotations in your intern year satisfactorily. Once you have completed your intern year you will receive general registration, which will be essential in progressing your career in all clinical and non-clinical medical pathways.
To learn more about becoming an intern, please log in as an AMA Member and visit ‘Pathways in Medicine’.
International Medical Graduates(IMGs)，有来自澳大利亚外或新西兰以外的医学院的医疗资格，希望在澳大利亚练习医学，面对一些必须完成的流程，以获得登记和就业。
海外训练有素的医生(定单计划)are medical practitioners who completed their core training overseas. An example of when an OTD may wish to apply to practice in Australia is as a result of workforce shortages, where the Australian Government encourages the immigration of doctors to a specific field.
There are several key factors relating to registration, accreditation and employment options that you have to consider when embarking on your medical career in Australia.
The澳大利亚卫生从业者监管机构（ahpra）和Australian Medical Council(AMC) are your first contact points when seeking employment in Australia as medical officers. They provide the information and pathways relevant to obtaining certification of your medical degree and your medical registration, which is a requirement for practising medicine in Australia.
澳大利亚医疗协会（AMA）是代表澳大利亚注册医学生和医学生的最有影响力的会员组织。betway微博As Australia’s future workforce, the AMA supports medical students studying in Australia.
The AMA represents you on the important issues that affect you now while at university, and during your future career in medicine. We lobby on behalf of our student members on funding for medical school places, intern and specialty training positions, and ensure the adequate provision of work and training places for graduating students.
The AMA provides you with opportunities to meet and socialise with other medical students, attend training forums, access mentoring programs, and gain advice from leaders and influencers.
Becoming anAMA学生会员是FREE. You will have access to a range of member-only好处和resources at the national and state or territory level. This includesonline learningthat may support your studies.
作为在澳大利亚大学学习的医学学生，AMSA的会员资格是自动的，提供一系列会员福利，活动和教育，社会和领导机会。betway微博您可以通过您的大学医学会和利益集团或全国范围内参与AMSAAMSAnetworks and events.
To join AMSA, click他re.
Together, the AMA and AMSA recognise that medical students are the future of medicine in Australia. The AMA supports and works with AMSA in representing the interests of medical students in Australia and is your collective voice on national issues. AMSA and the AMA encourage medical students to join both organisations.